Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought an ipad off my neighbor didnt tell me mostly everything was rescticted (appstore itunes icloud imessage) i cant reset the ipad mini 2 wont let me and cant delete the managed profiles

i bought an ipad mini 2 off my neighbor and he didnt tell me all most everything was restricted (appstore itunes icloud imessage facetime) and it was managed by his work and it wont let me delete everthing off the ipad the management profiles wont delete can i go to the apple store to fully restore it?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 9:07 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2016 9:26 AM in response to paul5510

No. What you're running into is the activation lock and, I'm afraid, you bought a brick. There is no way around the lock for the user. Your neighbor should give you your money back or get his work to unlock that device (providing that it was his to sell in the first place, usually if work sets it up that's because work bought it and work owned it, not the employee)

Apr 26, 2016 9:31 AM in response to paul5510

paul5510 wrote:

it wont let me delete everthing off the ipad the management profiles wont delete can i go to the apple store to fully restore it?

I believe that the management profiles will be erased if you restore the iPad as new. However, if you are talking about the activation lock, then take Skydiver119 advice and return the device.

It is odd that his company would allow him to keep the device to do whatever he chooses to do with it. Are you sure that he had the company's blessing?

i bought an ipad off my neighbor didnt tell me mostly everything was rescticted (appstore itunes icloud imessage) i cant reset the ipad mini 2 wont let me and cant delete the managed profiles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.