Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does HomeKit store scene schedules?

I notice that scenes are synced between devices, but scene schedules are not synced. It seems to me (and almost all smart home software) that schedules should be kept and executed centrally so it doesn't matter whether a single device is present at the time or not.

I understand device specific triggers not syncing, such as location based triggers. Turn on the lights when I come home. But I'd like, for example, the "Evening" scene to run regardless of where my iPhone happens to be.

My gear:

iPhone 6s

iPad Pro

Two Apple TV's

iDevices Switches

Lutron Caseta HomeKit stuff: in wall dimmers

All latest software as of April 2016

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 9:27 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2016 4:41 AM in response to Mark Smith8

I'm not sure what you mean. I have the same Lutron Caséta system. I set up a scheduled scene in the Lutron app turn turn on the lights at a specific time. It synced to both my iPhone and iPad. I then turned off both the iPhone and iPad before the scheduled time and the lights turned on on schedule.

This tell me that scheduled scenes are synced between devices and that the devices do not need to be present for the scheduled scenes to trigger.

Does HomeKit store scene schedules?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.