Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have recently bought a macbook (from eBay) it was brand new and factory sealed. I was just wondering if I would have any kind of manufacturers warranty with this?

Hi,

I recently bought a macbook pro from eBay. It was factory sealed and absolutely brand new. I was wondering if there was any warranty from apple still available with this product. I've entered the cereal number into apps warranty page but when I add the date of purchase I get a message saying 'sorry we can't help you with this, please try again later'? or words to the effect. I absolutely love the laptop its another work of art from apple and i plan on using it every day for work. If no warranty is available, is there an extended warranty I could purchase?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:03 AM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2016 1:55 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Mac users like me? You need to work on your attitude my friend. I'm on a community support page for Apple asking a question to gain information. The funny thing is you almost gave me some information but stopped short of being helpful by only giving me 3 digits of the number I need which buy the way I had no idea existed and was exactly what I was looking for.

You're quite right, this forum is full of people like me, thats what its her for isn't it? To offer help and advice that others have gained through experience to resolve issues and help people? I also think its hilarious when you say 'we don't have a clue' and you make the decision to speak on behalf of everyone on this forum as though everyone shares the same unhelpful attitude as you then an hour later Leroy comes along and blows your 'we don't have a clue' theory out of the water with a very helpful answer. I think what can be deduced from this is that Leroy has a clue and you clearly don't.

Thanks all the same and good luck for the future. 🙂

Apr 26, 2016 2:27 PM in response to SBusow

We are just users, not Apple. And the support number for your particular country is found on the Apple support pages ... remember that we in the US answer questions from China, Russia, France, the Middle East, England, etc.

Also ... and I will say this if no one else will ...

Ebay is a great source of things made by individuals who are not exactly above-board. One person received what was supposed to be a "factory-refurbished" MBP, but complained of not receiving the Apple stickers. My "from Apple" Apple-refiubished system came with stickers, and several expressed concern that the "factory seal" was valid.

You have an apparently "factory-sealed new" MBP from Ebay instead of from a big-box or from Apple directly. Your "cannot verify the system with Apple" may have other undesirable causes.

I have recently bought a macbook (from eBay) it was brand new and factory sealed. I was just wondering if I would have any kind of manufacturers warranty with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.