Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot receive mail from Holiday Inn

I am not receiving confirmation e-mails from Holiday Inn. Even if I forward their e-mail from a different e-mail address, I am not receiving them at all within iCloud. It drove me crazy this morning and I have done MANY tests. I finally had them send it to my work Google account and received that right away. I have forwarded it to/from different accounts and finally narrowed it down to iCloud is blocking the e-mail. It is not in junk and I have tried aliases and any confirmation e-mail from Holiday Inn that I try directly or forwarding from several other accounts is not getting through to my iCloud account.

What in the world? This is making me wonder what other e-mails may be blocked by iCloud, because I KNOW that these are being blocked and not getting through. Any idea where/how to check into this further?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:59 AM

This has been a longstanding issue with Apple, i.e. their strict filtering methods. See this thread for some reference, and it also contains some interesting links to read from the internet -- Re: Silent Spam Filtering - No NDR to Sender / No Notification to Recipient / No Option to Release Blocked Emails / No Support Document to request for Whitelisting of Sender

Most you can do is either contact Apple Support and have them whitelist the address for you, or switch to a more reliable/robust email service.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2016 11:59 AM in response to Duke Room

This has been a longstanding issue with Apple, i.e. their strict filtering methods. See this thread for some reference, and it also contains some interesting links to read from the internet -- Re: Silent Spam Filtering - No NDR to Sender / No Notification to Recipient / No Option to Release Blocked Emails / No Support Document to request for Whitelisting of Sender

Most you can do is either contact Apple Support and have them whitelist the address for you, or switch to a more reliable/robust email service.

Good luck.

Apr 28, 2016 11:33 PM in response to Duke Room

I see the exact same issue from Holiday Inn confirmations emails.

And it's not just the sender, but something IN the email.... as likewise, if I send confirmation to another email address, and forward that email to iCloud... it is never received nor any nondelivery notices received.

What in the format of a Holiday Inn (or copy of such email) is unacceptable to Apple.

And what other emails do we Never receive.

Time to consider another email provider.

Cannot receive mail from Holiday Inn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.