Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning: email address does not appear to be valid?

I wrote an email to my accountant this morning, but when I clicked the send icon I got this message:

Warning

"(name of recipient)" does not appear to be a valid email address. Verify the address and try again.

I know the email address is valid. My accountants' office has not changed their email address. I have never gotten this message for anyone before, so why would I get it now?

Mac Mini 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Logitech mouse, Apple wired keyboard, acer monitor

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 12:02 AM

Are you sure you have the recipients email address in the field, and not just their name?

Mail.app (assuming that's what you're using) does make this a little harder than it needs to because it often shows the 'display name' of an email address and not the recipients' actual email address, so it might be hard to notice, but valid addresses are usually highlighted in blue.

If you're sending it to someone that you've sent to before, check your Contacts.app to make sure their record still exists there. Mail.app looks up contacts from Contacts.app when populating email addresses.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 12:02 AM in response to schoodle

Are you sure you have the recipients email address in the field, and not just their name?

Mail.app (assuming that's what you're using) does make this a little harder than it needs to because it often shows the 'display name' of an email address and not the recipients' actual email address, so it might be hard to notice, but valid addresses are usually highlighted in blue.

If you're sending it to someone that you've sent to before, check your Contacts.app to make sure their record still exists there. Mail.app looks up contacts from Contacts.app when populating email addresses.

Warning: email address does not appear to be valid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.