Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show All Users In Server App

I need to be able to show all users on our OS X Server in the Users pane of the Server app. Right now it displays some number over 1000 (the indicator says 1000+ users). I need to show all records. Currently we have 1551 users on our server. However, from the Server app several users get skipped from being displayed. We can perform a search and they show up. But I should not have to perform a search to get these hidden records from showing.

I only know that we have 1551 users by using the now unsupported Workgroup Manager to view the users. Obviously we would like to use WM as little as possible, or not at all. But sadly there are numerous things that only WM can do that Server app cannot.

WM has a preference setting that allows me to control how many user records get displayed. This is missing from Server app. There has to be a way to force server app to show all users.

Any suggestions? Please?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Server 5.0.15

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:56 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2016 9:52 AM in response to EOC Admin

Well, I just downloaded Server 5.1 on an El Capitan client and we are still limited to viewing 1000+ user in the Server app. There has to be a way to force Server to show all user records instead of picking and choosing which accounts Server wants to display. Seriously? This forces us to use Workgroup Manager still. I prefer WM over the Server and Profile Manager way Apple has decided to go, but I'm ready to move on if I am able to get past a few issues. Still looking for a way to view all network user records. Any help?

May 3, 2016 8:40 AM in response to MrHoffman

I have submitted the request/issue to Apple via the feedback. So I guess I will just wait and hope. I thought maybe someone else had the same need. I need to option for my clients. Not for me. I know how to get the info via terminal. Most users need this kind of functionality in the gui because they don't know how to use terminal.

Show All Users In Server App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.