Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Triple clicking the Menu button does display closed captions

My question is regarding Apple TV 4, tvOS 9.2. In the Settings app I have set an option called "Accessibility Shortcut" to show closed captions by triple clicking the Menu button on the remote. However, it doesn't show the closed captions when I click the Menu button three times. I've checked to see that the movie(s) supports closed captions.

I realize I can turn on closed captions other ways, viz., pulling down a menu from the top of the touchpad on the remote and selecting "Subtitles" and then "English SDH", or I can switch to the Settings app, then Accessibility and select "Closed Captions and SDH". However, these methods are cumbersome and not quick enough for me, especially when I want to turn off closed captions shortly after turning them on. Any ideas how to make the triple click menu button work for me to show closed captions?

Apple TV, tvOS 9.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 2:07 PM

There are no replies.

Triple clicking the Menu button does display closed captions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.