Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extract photos from iPod Nano to Windows

Hello guys ;

Im trying to extract my photos from iPod Nano 5 to Windows but i dont know how ;

Please help me, i have there many family photos and i can not loose it

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 2:58 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2016 9:42 PM in response to pdksola

When photos are synced to the iPod, iTunes converts them to fit the iPod's small screen and stores the data in a database (not as separate image files). This is to save storage space on the iPod and optimize how the iPod operates when showing photos. You cannot use iTunes to retrieve photos from the iPod.

NOTE: If you used a particular setting when syncing photos to the iPod, iTunes copies the original image files to the iPod. The settings is on the iPod's Photos settings screen in iTunes (where you set up syncing for photos) to Include full-resolution photos. IF that setting was checked (enabled) when you synced the photos to the iPod, you can Enable disk use and find the original image files in the Photos folder (on the iPod).

There may be third-party utilities that can extract separate photos from the iPod. However, the photos stored on the iPod are typically lower-resolution versions of the original photos, for the iPod's small screen. They are not meant to be extracted. iPods are designed to be media players, not a backup for media stored on your computer's drive.

Extract photos from iPod Nano to Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.