Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i pod shuffle

when I try to organize my music on iPod shuffle it wont let me it will show me a red circle with a slash in it.

iPod shuffle, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 6:32 PM

it will show me a red circle with a slash in it.

Are you seeing this in the iTunes window on the computer?

If the iPod shuffle is older 1st gen or 2nd gen model, OR if it's 3rd gen or 4th gen set to use automatic syncing, the shuffle can only be associated with ONE iTunes library at a time. Therefore, if the songs on the shuffle were previously synced using an iTunes library that is different from your current iTunes library, you need to associate the shuffle with your current iTunes library. This erases the shuffle's existing content (from the previous iTunes library) and replaces it with content from the current iTunes library.

Your information is limited, but that may be the reason for what you describe. If that's not what you are describing, please post back with more details, including where you see the "red circle with a slash" and the iPod shuffle model. There are four types of iPod shuffle, shown in this document

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2016 6:32 PM in response to Lucky142

it will show me a red circle with a slash in it.

Are you seeing this in the iTunes window on the computer?

If the iPod shuffle is older 1st gen or 2nd gen model, OR if it's 3rd gen or 4th gen set to use automatic syncing, the shuffle can only be associated with ONE iTunes library at a time. Therefore, if the songs on the shuffle were previously synced using an iTunes library that is different from your current iTunes library, you need to associate the shuffle with your current iTunes library. This erases the shuffle's existing content (from the previous iTunes library) and replaces it with content from the current iTunes library.

Your information is limited, but that may be the reason for what you describe. If that's not what you are describing, please post back with more details, including where you see the "red circle with a slash" and the iPod shuffle model. There are four types of iPod shuffle, shown in this document

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

i pod shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.