Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when starting its makes noises

When I try to charge the ipod, its goes to back screen with the apple icon. while its doesn't that, an clicking sound is going on inside. after that it tells me go here for help.

any help would be awesome 🙂

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 3:40 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2016 4:37 PM in response to Ca$hBa$h

The clicking sound coming from the iPod usually means its hard drive is faulty. You can try putting it in Disk Mode

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Then run iTunes and connect iPod. If iTunes picks it up, it may prompt you to do a Restore. The Restore erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings. If the iPod does not go into Disk Mode, or the Restore fails, the iPod probably has a faulty hard drive.

If your iPod is in otherwise good shape, you can consider replacing its bad hard drive with commonly available (and affordable) flash-based storage in the form of Compact Flash card or SD card, on an adapter. This web site has relevant information, if your iPod classic is 5th gen or later.

https://www.iflash.xyz/

I have not used these particular adapters (because my "classic" iPods are older than 5th gen), but I have done the equivalent mod on my older 3rd gen iPod, 4th gen iPod, and iPod mini (using different adapters). They are working better now than when they were new, with much higher storage capacity.

when starting its makes noises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.