Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple TV remote app not display music when paired with the fourth generation apple TV?

When I set up my fourth generation apple tv everything was working. I turn on my remote app on my iphone 6S that I have used with my third generation apple tv to control music for a while. When I turned on my app it was a grey track pad. At first I thought, cool. It turns out that is all that the app does with the fourth generation apple tv. I couldn't play any music from the app or do anything else except use the trackpad. I was wondering if I am missing something on the app or if there is another app that is compatible with the fourth generation apple tv. At this point I am very disappointed with the new apple tv and I am going to return it if there is no solution to this issue.

Apple TV, tvOS 9.2, Apple TV fourth generation

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 6:16 PM

2 replies

Why does apple TV remote app not display music when paired with the fourth generation apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.