Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Infinite Boot Loop on Ipod and Iphone

Okay so a few months ago my Iphone 5 died and I tried everything but couldn't fix it (I posted a question on it here: Iphone stuck in boot loop ). So two weeks ago I bought an old Ipod 5 and have been using it up to today. It worked great until I got the boot loop again. However, I did get it working earlier today. At first I thought I just had really bad luck, but then I realized that both the times I got the boot loop the same thing happened. First, I left the device out of a charger overnight when there wasn't much battery left, then I found it dead the next morning. After that I plugged into my MacBook Air 2015 13". The difference was; The Iphone I left in all day because I left after I plugged it in, but I was still at my desk after I plugged in the ipod. I came back home to find the iphone in the boot loop and nothing would fix it, but with the Ipod, I noticed immediately and plugged it into a wall and it worked fine. I'm now wondering if there a connection between both of these, or is it just a coincidence? Could it be because I plugged them in to my laptop and not the wall after they died? If so, is there something wrong with my laptop (I'm still under warranty)?

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 6:32 PM

2 replies

Infinite Boot Loop on Ipod and Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.