Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP WITH MY 7th GEN NANO TOUCH!

I have a brand new 7th gen nano, I have the most current version of iTunes. I have checked and updated everything possible with my Windows 10. When I connect my nano to iTunes, it keeps telling me the iPod is detected but cannot be identified properly. I am so frustrated as I use my nano for work (fitness instructor) and that is why I bought a new one! I was at the genius bar last weekend and they gave me a new one again and told me to update my software (I did) and this is still happening! INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED! On a side note, this problem was NOT happening prior to the most recent iTunes update...GRRRRR

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 10

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 8:00 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2016 9:50 PM in response to yourachurtoo

If you've tried things like confirming your USB docking cable is not faulty (by trying a difference cable), and connecting the iPod directly (by itself) with other USB devices disconnected from the computer, you may want to try completely uninstalling iTunes and related software components. This Apple document lists the components of an iTunes installation, and the describes the precise order to uninstall them, with steps to confirm everything was removed.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Then, download and reinstall the latest version of iTunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Apr 27, 2016 8:21 AM in response to yourachurtoo

Since you tried with more than one iPod nano, the cause is likely to be on your computer. It is unlikely that you would receive two faulty iPods in a row. Others with "the iPod is detected but cannot be identified properly" problem solved it by carefully following the linked procedure document to completely remove iTunes and related software components, then reinstalling the latest iTunes.

If that does not work for you, and you have access to another computer, as a test, try using the iPod with that computer. That may provide additional clues for why it does not work on your computer.

HELP WITH MY 7th GEN NANO TOUCH!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.