Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 verification

Hello once again, I've got an iPhone 4 GSM, model A1332 8GB black that was disabled from passcode lock. Upon restoring the device from iTunes (12.3.3.17) to iOS 7.1.2, all goes well until iTunes tries to "Verify iPhone Restore". The bar goes all the way across and stops as soon as it reaches the end, but it never goes to the next stage of restoring. The bar on the iPhone stays at about 3/5ths of the way completed with the Apple logo and does not move. I have tried reinstalling iTunes, and with older versions of iTunes, but nothing seems to work. It was working perfectly fine with iOS 7.0.4 until the passcode was put in wrong and it showed "iPhone is Disabled, Connect to iTunes". Would prefer to get some help here - really don't want to drive all the way to the mall to the Apple store, only for them to tell me it's broken and that I need to get a new phone.

iPhone 4, Black, A1332, 8GB, GSM / AT&T. Was iOS 7.0.4, attempted upgrade to iOS 7.1.2 apparently killed it.

Image below is what iTunes is stuck at:

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, Completely dead?

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 9:30 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2016 9:43 PM in response to ManSinha

It is in recovery mode. The lock button is broken, but by running the battery down and holding home I got it into recovery. Can't put it into DFU, though.

EDIT: I feel now, after reading the article on slowly moving or frozen progress bars, that it is worthy of mention that the device was plagued by consistently reporting that 0 bytes of storage were available. Could this contribute to the problem?

iPhone 4 verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.