Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it dangerous to use your iphone 6 under the sun (at the beach)

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 10:47 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2016 11:04 PM in response to provoked

Yes & No.

No - The duration and temperature matters. How long are you going to have it exposed to direct light? If its few minutes, its not going to be a problem with a temperature of 40°C.

Yes - If you are going to have it exposed all day long at 40°C, its going to cause problem. The extend of the problems, I am unsure.

In a different scenario, I had my phone on my car dashboard for about 5 hours while I was driving where it had direct sunlight passing through your windshield (This was the villain), the phone shutdown (still reusable later once restarted)! I am unsure of temperature but pretty sure it was about 45°C outside! I felt I was lucky it didn't melt when I touched it. So, yeah. It was dangerous.

Apr 27, 2016 4:03 PM in response to provoked

Your iPhone should be fine, unless you leave it in direct sunlight for to long or leave it in something like a plastic bag where there could be a green house effect. If your phone does get to hot, it will tell you on the lock screen and won't let you use it until it is at a safe temperature. So, just keep in it the shade and you'll be fine. 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.