Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod has started buzzing and will not turn on

I Used a magnetic in car holder for my iPod and it stopped working and started buzzing, now it is just showing apple support message

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:49 PM

A magnet, if strong enough and close enough, can affect the iPod's hard drive. After removing the magnet from close proximity to iPod, does the iPod still "buzz" when you try to start it up? Try doing a Reset (restart) on the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support (see section iPod with a click wheel)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 9:49 PM in response to Lizzzi

A magnet, if strong enough and close enough, can affect the iPod's hard drive. After removing the magnet from close proximity to iPod, does the iPod still "buzz" when you try to start it up? Try doing a Reset (restart) on the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support (see section iPod with a click wheel)

Apr 27, 2016 9:33 PM in response to Lizzzi

Although I believe Kenichi has the better answer here, I sense that buzzing has more to do with power, as in incorrect voltage or amperage. Hard drive issues are identified more through clicking or grinding. Just a thought...

Also, buzzing, being less ominous than clicking or grinding, may lend itself toward the "slapping" of the iPod as a possible remedy, as described in previous posts here.

iPod has started buzzing and will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.