Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uverse

I have ATT Uverse but the wireless signal is really poor in my house so I want to use an AirPort Extreme and Airport Express combo to help speed things up and get better coverage.

HOw do I go about setting this up? Do I turn off the wireless signal from my ATT modem and just use the Extreme / Express combo? If so, how?

NOt very tech savvy and hoping Apple simplicity will apply here... thanks in advanc!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 8:38 AM

If you can connect all of the routers by Ethernet, you would have the basis for a roaming-type network.

If not, then here is one possible configuration to consider:

• Disable the AT&T Uverse's wireless radio(s), but leave it in router mode.
  • Connect the AirPort Extreme to the Uverse by Ethernet. Connect the Ethernet cable between the Uverse and the WAN (circle-of-dots) port on the Extreme)

Configure the Extreme as follows:

• Create a wireless network
    • Bridge Mode
  • Connect the AirPort Express to the Extreme by wireless.

Configure the Express to "Extend a wireless network"

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 8:38 AM in response to SonarJason

If you can connect all of the routers by Ethernet, you would have the basis for a roaming-type network.

If not, then here is one possible configuration to consider:

• Disable the AT&T Uverse's wireless radio(s), but leave it in router mode.
  • Connect the AirPort Extreme to the Uverse by Ethernet. Connect the Ethernet cable between the Uverse and the WAN (circle-of-dots) port on the Extreme)

Configure the Extreme as follows:

• Create a wireless network
    • Bridge Mode
  • Connect the AirPort Express to the Extreme by wireless.

Configure the Express to "Extend a wireless network"

Apr 27, 2016 11:16 AM in response to SonarJason

The AirPort Extreme will need to be connected at all times to the Uverse router using a permanent, wired Ethernet cable connection.

Where will the AirPort Extreme be located in relation to the Uverse modem/router?

Will the AirPort Express connect to the AirPort Extreme using a permanent wired connection......or......will the AirPort Express connect using wireless?

Where will the AirPort Express be located in relation to the AirPort Extreme?

What operating system is installed on your MacBook Pro? If you are not sure, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen, then click About This Mac and post back with the OS X Version number that you see there.

Uverse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.