Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Websites requisting I update my up to date Safari browser.

Hello Everybody,

For a little while now, I’ve been running into an issue on websites like youtube, grammarly, and some other of the more flashy (not the software) websites. The message typically states that my version of Safari is out of date or not supported. As of right now by entire machine is up to date. I’m running OS 10.11 and running Safari v9.1. Besides doing the normal make sure everything is updated, I’ve cleared browser history... cookies, and disable/unistalled all my plugins and extension. Interestingly I ran a test on the site https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and it detected my browser at Safari v4 Snow Leopard with HTML 5 support 😁. So I created a second user account and check that same website and everything works great, Safari v9. So what is my next step? What must I erase (possibly) from my user folder to fix the issue?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Safari

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 10:58 PM

Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, open the Advanced tab, check the box to show the Develop menu if needed, open that menu, and change the setting in the User Agent submenu.

(141856)

3 replies

Websites requisting I update my up to date Safari browser.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.