Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock Apple ID?

My original apple ID had was my name @me.com However, as my Macbook crashed and neither I nor Apple could recover the hard disk, among photos and other documents and information, I also lost all my password. (This information is in a case file with Apple and under my name - which is the same as the ID.

When I got my new Mac I tried to sign into my then Apple ID. Which again has MY name, however as I, for security reasons change my passwords frequently and as I had lost all my password on the disk that crashed, I entered the wrong password too many times and my ID was locked.

At the time, I did not feel safe with internet security (I still not 100%) so I had no credit card or any personal information in my ID - except for my name. When I tried to recover it, Apple informed me that after three times of entering the wrong password the account locked and not even god could open it again.

This made no sense as I had no credit card in it and except for photos, passwords, and some documents, I had nothing that could be used for security reasons. like identity theft. However, I was too busy to argue more with Apple, so I let it go. Today, my name is also my business and the only place that I do not "own it" online is my Apple ID.

Anyway, Apple told me that if after a couple years no one claimed my account, then they could delete/open it and I could claim it back

Its been three years and I have been using another ID since (obviously) However, the old ID has MY name and I would very much like to somehow get it back. By now I guess Apple and the security team should have noticed that no one else has claimed my ID with my name, plus I have my name all over Apple - except for this ID. My name is my brand and somehow is been kept hostage by Apple, how can I get it back?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), null

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 12:51 PM

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

1 reply

How to unlock Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.