Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2008 Wont display anything

My Mac Pro 2.8 GHz 8 core boots but nothing shows up on my external LG monitors.

i Think my PSU is Also very sick because i often have to unplug the power cable for 24-48 hours to get it to boot

I Dont know if there is a connection between these issues. But i hope Someone might be Able to help. Thank you in advance

THe graphic card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

serial number: G8****XYK

<Personal Information Edited by Hosts>

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 3:23 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2016 5:36 AM in response to Frederikcupello

Do you hear the startup chime?

After starting open the side cover. Are any diagnostic light lit on the logic board or by he memory sticks?

Does the power light light? Are the fans spinning?

Blow off all dust inside.

Likely either a memory problem or the graphics card failed.

The memory in the 2006-2008 run hot and fail with time. The 2600 XT cards also fail will time

Apr 27, 2016 6:21 AM in response to lllaass

Yes i hear the startup Chime, fans and the power light is on.

i Actually replaced/upgraded the memory a Couple of weeks ago And replaced the graphics card some months ago. Of course the replacements i bought might have Been in bad condition Though...

there does not Seem to be Any diagnostic lights while its running but when it shuts off randomly (probably because of the PSU) i see some red lights on the memory boards.

thanks for the Quick response!

Mac Pro 2008 Wont display anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.