Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi working on and off (iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.1)

Hi, I'm not sure of anyone can help me because this is a weird one but...

My iPhone is sporadically connecting to wifi networks. It will NEVER connect to my home wifi... but my husbands iPhone (same as me, a 6 with iOS 9.3.1) will connect every time. As will my mac and my samsung tv. My phone will usually connect straight away to wifi networks that it knows (e.g. it will connect straight away at my in laws).

Please note i have done the following:

Done hard resets of all of my routers, computers and iphones

Reset my network settings

restarted my iphone

reset all settings

forgot the network and retried

When i try to connect to my home wifi it searches for ages and then simply says, after entering the password, unable to connect. Why is it working for all my other devices but not my iPhone? and why is my wifi working (only sometimes!) with other routers but not my own?

I just find it really strange that I have so many problems with wifi but the hubby doesn't. We have the same phone with the same software. It couldn't be my router because my iPhone is the only thing that won't connect to it. Also please note that these problems only began after iOS 9 update! Phone connected no worries before that!

Thanks if anyone can help. I'm beginning to think my phone is just faulty though.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 4:42 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2016 7:53 AM in response to matthews22

Below are some general suggestions for Wi-Fi issues, maybe one of them will help, I would try them all even though you have done some of them already.

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

Wifi working on and off (iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.