Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs in one album being clipped

Not a very good tilte I know but I didn't know what to say.

I am runnung Windows 7, iTunes 12.3.3.

I have around 12,000 songs on around 900 albums

My problem is with one album [AB III by Alterbridge]

It is MP3 format

ITunes clips every single song in that album to 4'22".

As far as I can tell, this is the only album that this happens to.

Please note that all songs are a different length, and when played back on other media players they are not clipped.

It has been like this for some time, I was advised ages ago to clear my iTunes library and start again in order to resolve this issue - tbh I thought that was rather drastic for a releatively minor issue so I didn't bother.

Well, I have recently formatted and reinstalled Windows on my PC, having backed up all my music to an external hard drive.

I have downloaded iTunes, imported my from the external hard drive - I have not yet synched my iPod Classic to it - but thought I would check to see if the reinstallation would solve the issue with that album, and it still clips all the songs to 4'22"

Anyone have any ideas? The abum was not downloaded from the Apple Store.

iPod classic, Other OS

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 6:50 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2016 1:39 PM in response to davegooch

Hello there, davegooch.

It sounds like you are having issues with importing a particular disc and the songs being cropped or clipped to 4:22. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations for troubleshooting:

iTunes 12 for Windows: Import songs from CDs

If you have trouble importing songs from an audio CD

If iTunes doesn’t recognize audio CDs or if you’re having trouble importing songs, check the following:

• If iTunes doesn’t recognize an audio CD (it doesn’t appear in the iTunes window) or a window doesn’t appear when you insert a CD, quit iTunes, then open it again by double-clicking the app icon in the iTunes folder in the Program Files folder on your hard disk. Do not open iTunes using the shortcut on your desktop. If iTunes now recognizes the CD, delete the iTunes shortcut and create a new one.

• If error correction is turned on, it can take longer to import CDs. Choose Edit > Preferences, and click Import Settings. If the “Use error correction when reading Audio CDs” checkbox is not selected, select it. If it’s already selected, deselect it.

• If you’re having trouble importing songs, make sure you check your computer or drive manufacturer’s site for firmware updates and install any that are appropriate for your computer and CD or DVD drive.

• Make sure you have the latest software updates for Windows or your CD or DVD drive. Check the Windows website and your computer or drive manufacturer’s site for updates. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and sound cards.

• If you have more than one CD or DVD drive, try using iTunes with each drive.

• To see if iTunes can find any problems with your CD drive, choose Help > Run CD Diagnostics and choose DVD/CD Diagnostics. For help with understanding the diagnostics results and other CD troubleshooting information, see Additional troubleshooting tips for burning issues at the Apple Support website.

• If it’s taking a long time to import a song (more than 10 minutes) from an audio CD, the CD may be dirty or scratched. Try cleaning the CD with a soft, lint-free cloth, and then importing the songs again.

If you still have trouble importing songs, visit the iTunes Support website.

If imported songs don’t sound right

If you hear popping or clicking noises when you play songs imported from a CD, your disc drive may not have read the CD correctly. Try turning on error correction and then importing those songs again.

To turn on error correction when importing songs from CDs:

1. Choose Edit > Preferences.

2. In the General pane, click Import Settings.

3. Select “Use error correction when reading Audio CDs.”

4. Insert the CD and import the songs again.

5. To prevent duplicate items from appearing in your iTunes library, delete any songs you’ve imported again.

You may also want to check with the manufacturer of your computer or disc drive to see if there is a firmware update for the drive.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Apr 28, 2016 4:23 PM in response to pedro d

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

It's not a CD issue, as it is a downloaded album.

Having said that, I think I must have been having brain fade every time I thought about the problem, as the one thing I didn't think to do was to re-download it!!

I have done so and it appears not to cause the problem any more.

I still don't know why I had the prolem - other media players would play the full version, but iTumes stopped after 4'22" - it even showed every siogle track as being that length, when this is not the case

Songs in one album being clipped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.