Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro/iTunes: genius not working anymore

I've iTunes 12.3.3 (newest version) and from one day to another I can't use genius on my MacBook Pro anymore. When I right-click a song the option for genius is not working. The pop-up message says I have to update genius. I did this several times and have still the same problem. iTunes says that genius is updated, but nothing changes. Still I can't use genius anymore on my MacBook PoThis happens with every song in my database (whre I have around 25.000 songs). It's strange because genius worked properly before.

Any suggestions what to do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 5:42 AM

9 replies

May 18, 2016 1:54 PM in response to milan82

This last update they simply killed iTunes on many aspects. Genius is not working anymore, they want to push the users to use Apple Music | Create Stations (I don't use and don't plan to use Apple Music). Now you have to keep the Side Bar active (they removed the upper right button to change the view options) for you to change from Album to Artist or to Genre. And when you create a smart playlist, the music count is always giving the wrong count.

Summary, this last update, is clearly the worst update apple ever created for a product.

I want to use the previous version... I will remove the auto-update from my MAC, so these new CRAP they are delivering will not affect my apple experience at all.

Cheers,

Leandro ****

São Paulo - Brazil

<Perosnal Informaiton Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro/iTunes: genius not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.