Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this possible...Wired and Guess Networking

I have an Apple Airport Extreme base station and would like to configure to work as both a wired network for my desktop Mac's and PC's but also as a separate wireless network for some mobile devices...Is is possible to have two separate networks for both the wired and wireless guest networks? And if this is not possible, would I need to add another base station?

Thanks,

David

MacBook

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 6:05 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2016 6:52 AM in response to Dave245

IF......you have the right type of modem.....it is possible to configure the AirPort Extreme to have both a "main" and "guest" network.

The "main" network will work on both wireless and wired devices. The guest network will work only with wireless devices.

So, the bottom line here.....what is the make and model number of your modem?

Apr 27, 2016 8:00 AM in response to Dave245

All of the modems that you mention would meet the qualifications.

As far as the AirPort Extreme, I'm assuming that you have a current or recent version of the AirPort Extreme. Models produced before July 2009 would not have "main" and "guest" network capability.

If you want some tips on the setup, we'll need to know what operating system that you are using on your Mac or PC, or if you plan to use an iPhone or iPad for the setup.

Is this possible...Wired and Guess Networking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.