Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts on iTunes: Saving episodes to iCloud

Hi there,

One of the main things which is holding me back from using iTunes for podcasts is (supposed) lack of episode saving to iCloud.

When I save an episode on iTunes on Mac / Podcasts on IOS, I want this to sync to the episode on my other device.

I would also want this to be saved in iCloud so that if I reinstall iTunes/change mac's/iPhones all my saved episodes are stored...

This is one of the main reasons I use Pocketcasts..but would love it if perhaps this was included or perhaps to the fact that it exists however I am blind to how it works?

Thanks!

Matthew

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 5:36 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 12:12 PM in response to mattinsa

Hey there Matthew,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, you're concerned that the Podcasts app not saving episodes or syncing with your other devices. The article below provides a lot of great information about the Podcasts app which should address your concerns.

About the Podcasts app - Apple Support

Sync podcasts

By default, the Podcasts app syncs subscriptions, stations, and playback position between your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV (4th generation).

When you sync podcast subscriptions, the latest episode of each podcast that you're subscribed to appears on all of your devices. If you unsubscribe from a podcast on one device, you also unsubscribe on all of your other devices.

When you create a custom station on one of your devices, it also appears on your other devices. Your station’s settings will also sync. And if you delete a station, it also deletes from your other devices.

Podcasts remember your playback position, so you can start listening to a podcast on your iPhone, pause it when you get home, and pick up right where you left off on your Apple TV (4th generation).

To stop syncing podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > Podcasts.
  2. Under Podcast Settings, turn off Sync Podcasts.
    User uploaded file

After you've enjoyed a downloaded podcast, you can save it or remove it from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. In the "Played Episodes to be Deleted" section, swipe left on the podcast you want to remove and tap Delete.

So long.

Podcasts on iTunes: Saving episodes to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.