Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't extend loops in a track

Hi

I can drag loops into Garageband (10.1.1). But it won't let me extend them. The little loop curser doesn't appear. Only the curser to change the length of the loop (smaller only). It worked as advertised for one loop, but every other loop I try I get the same issue, no loop curser.

many thanks

David

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 16GB RAM

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Try to disable the "Show automation" for the track with the loop, before you try to loop. There seems to be a bug in GarageBand 10 that prevents looping when an automation is active. See this discussion: Re: Loop cursor does not appear when hovering over right corner of loop; cannot lengthen playtime of loop; aaarrrgh.

User uploaded file

And you have to hover the pointer directly over the upper right corner of the audio region to make the loop cursor appear.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 7:19 AM in response to datz

Try to disable the "Show automation" for the track with the loop, before you try to loop. There seems to be a bug in GarageBand 10 that prevents looping when an automation is active. See this discussion: Re: Loop cursor does not appear when hovering over right corner of loop; cannot lengthen playtime of loop; aaarrrgh.

User uploaded file

And you have to hover the pointer directly over the upper right corner of the audio region to make the loop cursor appear.

User uploaded file

Can't extend loops in a track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.