Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync the Pages app with macbook...

I thought what ever I do on my Pages app on iPhone would automatically sync in pages on my macbook. I have a page that I go on my iPhone to make changes to and when I open the same page on my macbook I don't see the updated changes on it. Why is that? I'm on the same wifi and my bluetooth on both iPhone and macbook are on. Can someone please help! Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 8:20 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2016 10:33 AM in response to Carmen179

What version of OS X are you running? If your version of OS X is 10.9.5 or older, you do not have iCloud Drive. If you have iOS 8.1 or later on your iPhone and enabled iCloud Drive, then documents stored on iCloud Drive are unseen by applications on OS X versions older than Yosemite.

• OS X System Preferences : iCloud
    • Signed into iCloud, and signed in with the same Apple ID on both iPhone and OS X?
    • iCloud Drive (OS X Yosemite or later) is selected, and under Options…
      • √ Pages
      • √ Other applications that you want to share data from iOS
  • Pages for Mac

In the File : Open, File : Save…, or File Chooser, have you selected the iCloud Drive : Pages folder to access files from iOS Pages, or Pages for iCloud?

• iOS Settings
    • iCloud Drive is ON
    • Pages

Don't have it installed any longer, but if there is an iCloud Drive feature, enable it.

Apr 27, 2016 11:24 AM in response to VikingOSX

I have OS X El Capitan and I see that my iCloud Drive was not turned on on macbook. So I took care of that, as for iPhone it was already turned on. However I just found that I have 2 pages of the SAME document, one is on my macbook (in my documents folder) the other one is showing up in the iCloud drive folder, which is the same one that is also on my Pages app on iPhone. Not sure how this happened but it did. Which explains why I didn't see the sync between macbook and iPhone. I was opening up a different copy of it on my macbook.

If I delete/remove the one that is on my macbook(documents folder) will it affect the one that is in iCloud drive? I am able to see the iCloud drive one on my macbook.

Thank you for your quick response and help on this issue!

Carmen

Apr 27, 2016 11:47 AM in response to Carmen179

You should bring up both Pages documents side-by-side in Preview to see what is different between them. This will tell you whether you want to remove the one on your local drive, or add that content to the one stored on iCloud.

The Pages document located in your local Documents folder is entirely independent of the one stored in the iCloud Drive : Pages folder.

Sync the Pages app with macbook...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.