Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable prompts to sign into the iTunes store?

I keep getting intrusive pop-up prompts on my iPhone to sign into the iTunes store. How do I disable these, and/or delete the iTunes store app from my phone altogether?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:31 AM

You cannot remove iTunes Store from the phone, it is a native iOS app. You should not be prompted to sign in to the store unless you are trying to make a purchase. You can go into Settings>General>Restrictions and set up restriction for the iTunes Store. That very well could stop the prompt. At least you can try that. When you set up Restrictions, make sure you write the passcode down, as there is no way to recover/reset that passcode without wiping your iPhone completely.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 9:31 AM in response to buzzygo

You cannot remove iTunes Store from the phone, it is a native iOS app. You should not be prompted to sign in to the store unless you are trying to make a purchase. You can go into Settings>General>Restrictions and set up restriction for the iTunes Store. That very well could stop the prompt. At least you can try that. When you set up Restrictions, make sure you write the passcode down, as there is no way to recover/reset that passcode without wiping your iPhone completely.

Apr 28, 2016 7:33 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have the same intermittent problem. ( I agree I should not be prompted to sign in unless making a purchase, but that's not what's happening.) I haven't been able to pin down a reproducible case. I think the prompt only occurs when unlocking my iPhone (6s, current on IOS 9.3.1). If I dismiss it, subsequent unlocks will eventually stop showing it. Then a day or a week later, I'll see it again.

How do I disable prompts to sign into the iTunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.