Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Crash after disconnecting power adapter Macbook pro 2014

Hi, I´m having problems with bootcamp once it´s running windows 10, during the installation I didn´t have any problem but then when all it´s install, windows 10 crashed, I read some post here that other people had the same problem related with the drivers, especifically with the Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200, in my case my Macbook pro 2014 its Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5100.

Trying to fix this Windows 10 crash I did all the process suggested in this post Re: Windows 10 crashing, but not sure why., and it seems Windows 10 started to work fined but then unexpectedly crash, I tried two or three times and then I realized that Windows 10 was crashing when I unpluged the power adapter, so I restart the macbook and it boot only if the power adapter is plug and it works perfectly but only if it´s plug, I´m not sure if this problem is also related with another windows update drivers, But I noticed something, I´m not sure but I think this problem start during bootcamp installation because when the SSD was partitioned, and then boot to install windows 10, this process only start if the macbook is plug with the power adapter. I don´t know if always needs to be plug or only it´s recommended if the battery discharge.

Macbook Specs

Macbook Pro Mid 2014 13´

2.6 Ghz Intel Core i5

8GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

1TB SSD recently Upgrade from a 256 GB

OS X El Capitan It´s working fine.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2017 7:33 PM

I "resolved" the problem by adjusting the power settings of Windows from balanced to high performance.

Funny that this is needed on the 2014 13" MBP as on another 2014 15" MBP, the power settings are set as balanced and it works perfectly fine.

4 replies

Mar 20, 2017 12:10 AM in response to svp2802

Did you ever get this resolved?

I am encountering the same problem with the exact same hardware which is also upgraded to a 1TB SSD

Windows 7 will install and run perfectly when power adaptor is connected.

Once power adaptor is removed, windows will hang. Booting up windows without the power adaptor will just end at a black screen with the mouse cursor.

Machine works fine when running on OS X Sierra.

Windows 10 Crash after disconnecting power adapter Macbook pro 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.