Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible iOS 9.3.1 Passcode Vulnerability?

I recieved a text from a known contact containing nothing odd while my phone was locked face up. Once received it swirched to the passcode screen unprompted and I took a screen shot of it:

User uploaded file

It doesn't correlate to my passcode that I can tell, but was very odd, unprompted behavior.

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Bug report

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 10:29 AM

Probably a glitch. Force restart the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose data by doing this.

If this happens again, set it back to factory settings and restore from the latest backup, just to be sure that this is not software related.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 10:29 AM in response to NØRSE

Probably a glitch. Force restart the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose data by doing this.

If this happens again, set it back to factory settings and restore from the latest backup, just to be sure that this is not software related.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Possible iOS 9.3.1 Passcode Vulnerability?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.