Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name that is displayed for my iCloud account?

When I log into my iCloud account, or view it in settings on my iPad, my husband's name, rather than mine, is displayed next to my email address. I checked my address book to make sure that my iCloud email address is not listed under his name. There probably are some instances somewhere that I use his name in conjunction with my email address, since he doesn't do computers at all. I logged into iCloud thinking I would find a way to change the name displayed on my account and could not fine anything. Is there a way? It hasn't always done this. I've only noticed it recently.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 3:26 PM

You should be able to change the name on your Apple ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com/. Sign in to your ID, and in the first section (Account), click the 'Edit' button, and the name associated with the account should be among the information you can edit.

2 replies

Apr 28, 2016 8:15 AM in response to OriginalName022

This was the solution and I figured out how it happened. My debit card was compromised so I had to use my husband's debit card until I received my new card. When I entered the new card info, in the billing address section, I changed the name to his because I was afraid charges wouldn't be approved if I used my name for a card that had his name on it.

How do I change the name that is displayed for my iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.