Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low sound with external speakers

Hi, I'm having trouble with an ipod nano that when I connect it to external speakers (millenium falcon) plays only very very quietly. The problem doesn't seem to the speakers — they play fine when paired with my iphone — but with the ipod. Ideas?

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 10:16 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2016 12:01 PM in response to kaohu

Since the speakers currently work fine over Bluetooth with your iPhone, assume for now that the problem is on the iPod side of the connection. And you're also saying that the iPod did work properly with the speakers initially, just recently.

In case the iPhone is somehow interfering, turn OFF the iPhone while testing with iPod. Unplug the speakers from power (or do whatever you think is appropriate to "reset" them), and then reconnect to power. Do a Reset (restart) on the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Follow the directions in the user guide (starting on page 53)

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_gui de.pdf

to make the speakers discoverable and pair with iPod. Does the "low sound" problem still occur?

If so, in the iPod's onboard Settings, select the command to Reset Settings. This resets the iPod's onboard settings to default (does not affect data). Then try the speakers again. If the problem recurs, you may want to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. This erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Then, after syncing back your songs, try the speakers again.

Low sound with external speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.