Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download photos on iPad Air 2 from iCloud Photos for editing in Photos app or any other app

Yesterday and today I have been unable to download photos in the Photos App on my iPad Air 2, iOS 9.3.1 (13E238) from my iCloud Photos Library in order to edit them on my iPad Air 2. I can see photo thumbnails, but photos will not download for editing in the Photos app or in any other app on my iPad Air 2. I have checked both iCloud storage (810GB available) and iPad Air 2 storage (27.9GB available) and there is ample space. Network is working fine and I have internet connectivity (five bars) using Comcast high speed broadband Wi-Fi. Image begins to download and the "Downloading" circle appears. Then either nothing happens (Image 2 below), or the image begins to download but gets hung and stops (Image 1 below):

User uploaded file User uploaded file

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1, IPad Air 2

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 1:41 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2016 2:48 PM in response to TMHahn

No, as I stated in my question, I have photos in my iCloud Photos Library that were placed there using Import Photos on my Mac. I use my iCloud Photos Library to share photos with my other Apple devices specifically my iMac mid-2011, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5. Several times throughout the past two days when I select a photo in the Photos app on my iPad Air 2 and then I select "Edit", instead of being able to immediately access the photo to edit it, I get a circle with a "Downloading" message and the photo never completes the download and so cannot be edited. This happens in the Photos app, as well as any other photo editing app on my iPad Air 2, such as Aviary Photo Editor. See the images that I attached above for future clarification. I am not getting hung up anywhere. iCloud Photos is getting hung up. I do not need to use Air Drop because the photo is already in my iCloud Photos Library and should be accessible from all of my Apple devices.

Cannot download photos on iPad Air 2 from iCloud Photos for editing in Photos app or any other app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.