Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It's 2016 and iTunes does not sell HD Music Videos

How can I be expected to get LEMONADE if they can't even offer the video portion in HD? The top 10 chart for music videos has some great ones on it like Adele's "Hello" and Rihanna's "Needed Me," yet they are standard definition. You can't download them in HD.

Apple Music has a small selection of HD music videos, but iTunes store has zero.

I need LEMONADE in HD without subscribing to TIDAL. Who do I contact to fix this fundamental management issue with iT

Mac OS X (10.7.2), iCloud

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 12:42 PM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2016 10:44 AM in response to Cannonlars

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos - https://support.apple.com/HT201850 - "When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page." Other details about which formats are downloaded and when.

To set to download to HD: Preferences > Store > change your preferred HD format to 1080p.

To download as SD uncheck "Download HD when available"

Apr 28, 2016 7:49 PM in response to Cannonlars

Labels are for sure not the issue as numerous other stores sell videos in HD, and they are available to stream to subscribers in HD.

What? You are not accepting that old favorite fairy tale, "Little Red Apple Hood and the Big Bad Labels"? What a skeptic. 😁

numerous other stores sell videos in HD, and they are available to stream to subscribers in HD.

You are correct of course. Is there a reason that you are not buying the product you want from the stores that would be happy to sell it to you?

It's 2016 and iTunes does not sell HD Music Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.