Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is doing things by itself.

I have it up to date. It just started today. It it typing by its self and sending text messages to my contacts that don't make sense. It's also closing apps and deleting things I'm searching on the internet.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 1:47 PM

Have you tried to Restore it? Restoring from iTunes and then Getting the backup into it may solve it.

4 replies

Apr 29, 2016 1:37 PM in response to liivasiil

Sometimes these types of issues can be easily rectified by restoring the phone. You don't have to use the screen at all. Just connect it to your Mac or PC having iTunes Installed definitely. Make a Backup file through iTunes on your Mac or PC. And restore the iPhone from the iTunes. It will download the Latest iOS for the phone first to your Mac or PC. And then After the restoration. iTunes will prompt you to whether Set up a New iPhone or restore from Backup? Select the Restore from backup which you had just created before the Restoration. And Definitely you're good to go. I don't think that's a Hardware issue.

My phone is doing things by itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.