Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on ok to disconnect when plugged into receiver

Trying to connect my ipod classic to Pioneer receiver using a USB port on the receiver. The receiver recognizes it, but the Ipod goes to "ok to disconnect" within seconds. I re-synced the ipod to my imac desktop but no change.

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 1:55 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2016 6:51 PM in response to nancysbol

If this system is designed like more recent car audio systems, which also connect to iPods (and other devices) through a built-in USB port, the audio system does the song playing. The iPod is just there to act as a song storage device, not as the music player. You can probably also connect a common USB flash drive with song files to that USB port, and the receiver accesses it in the same way.

Therefore, seeing "OK to disconnect" on the iPod's screen may be as designed, when the receiver is not accessing the iPod's storage for song files. What happens when you press the "special iPod access button"? On the receiver's interface, look for controls to start playing songs stored on the iPod. OR since this is a receiver, it probably has a source selection control, to choose the audio source. If so, pick the one to use that USB port as the audio source.

stuck on ok to disconnect when plugged into receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.