Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locking a reference cell to row without formula

I am trying to limit the amount of formulas I am using because it has caused the sheet to slow to a crawl. What I am currently doing is using a vlookup(picture 2) to get the scores from picture 1 column d and bring them into the team page for all teams. I believe this formula is one of the biggest culprits slowing things. So what I am able to do is instead of vlookup using "=" and reference to that cell and then copy that all of the way down. And then I repeat that for all teams. Now picture 1 has 4860 rows with every team represented and picture 2 is 1 of 30 different team sheets. It all works fine until I sort column 1 of picture 1 by ascending order. That puts everything in order of date and no longer date by team. And that is where I lose what I am trying to do. So I can continue to use vlookup or index, match but those also cause it to take anywhere from 15-60 minutes when I input any scores. I hope this makes sense.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 6:19 PM

When posting it can be easier to follow your example if you uncheck 'Use header names as labels' in Numbers Preferences. But I think I see what you are trying to do. From the formula it seems that you must have multiple sheets. If your document is sluggish you might want to remove other sheets that you don't need.

For the tables on this sheet you might try something like this:

User uploaded file

The formula that "looks up" the runs from the first table is entered in H2 and filled down:

=SUMIFS(Runs::$C,Runs::$A,A2,Runs::$B,B2)

....where the first table is named 'Runs'.

This might be faster than your VLOOKUP formula. Note that you don't need the extra column to concatenate the date and team name.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 6:19 PM in response to aswad12

When posting it can be easier to follow your example if you uncheck 'Use header names as labels' in Numbers Preferences. But I think I see what you are trying to do. From the formula it seems that you must have multiple sheets. If your document is sluggish you might want to remove other sheets that you don't need.

For the tables on this sheet you might try something like this:

User uploaded file

The formula that "looks up" the runs from the first table is entered in H2 and filled down:

=SUMIFS(Runs::$C,Runs::$A,A2,Runs::$B,B2)

....where the first table is named 'Runs'.

This might be faster than your VLOOKUP formula. Note that you don't need the extra column to concatenate the date and team name.

SG

locking a reference cell to row without formula

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.