Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus infection of something called apple.com-cleaner.me

something unpleasant called apple.com-cleaner.me has appeared an completely stopped me using safari. How do I get rid of it ? Has anyone else come across this ?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Time Machine backup

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 4:06 PM

9 replies

Apr 27, 2016 5:40 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks for all the advice everyone. None of it seemed to work though as all I could do was force quit safari. But then starting safari holding down shift just brought back all the rubbish windows which then blocked me from using any safari prefs or other tools etc.

BUT then, suddenly I was able to clear history & did so double quick and hey presto, Everything is now back to normal. But the thing is don't know exactly why.

But I'm sure I wouldn't have achieved normality without using your advice to grope around. It was exactly that - a grope around which did work without telling me why.

By the way, can anyone tell me how to turn off this horrible predictive text in El Capitain ? I hate it.

virus infection of something called apple.com-cleaner.me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.