Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blogger on iPad Pro?

Hi,

The hubby and I do a weekly (usually :-) blog in Google's Blogger on my iMac or his MacBook Pro.

We both have iPads and have been frustrated that we can't edit on our iPads when we travel but have to shlep the laptop along.

With the enhancements on the new iPad, if that capability has opened up, we would be ready to bite the bullet and shell out the $$$ ...

Does anyone out there have experience in this area?

We'd be so grateful for some guidance!

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

iPad

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 5:09 PM

10 replies

Jun 7, 2016 10:06 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Hello, I am having issues as well and will try to be specific. I am switching from PC laptop to iPad Pro. My blog is hosted by Google Blogger. Today is the first day I am attempting to create a new blog post using my iPad Pro.

Issues:

Uploading photos

• I found my iPhoto files are available via the "From Your Phone" option not the most intuitive but I found them, finally.
  • When you attempt to scroll the entire window kind of jumps up as if you were tapping a soap bubble on the top of water, so you can't actually scroll down or up.
  • You can Select images all you want but you cannot click the Add Selected option unless you select every single image in a given date. In my case that is 80 images from one date when I only want 4 for the blog post.
  • So I went ahead and selected the whole date range and asked up upload all 80 images. But because I cannot scroll down I cannot see anymore than two images in the blog post draft. So I have no way of editing from there.

So in order to get the blog post up I am going to send the images via email to my old dying PC computer and update it that way. Obviously I need a real solution since that computer is on its last leg.

Thank you.

Jun 7, 2016 11:06 AM in response to BirdGirlCA

Achording to Google's own help forum for Blogger, the demand for their iOS Blogger app was so low they just pulled it entirely. They mention that users should download Chrome for iOS from the App Store and use it to access Blogger - supposedly all Blogger features are supported In Chrome for iOS.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/LiCURWuzHH4;context-place =topicsearchin/blogger/category$3Aios%7C…

If you're having problems using Google's tools in a particular browser or on a particular platform, you really need to address those issues to Google. Blogger is their tool, not Apple's.

Jun 7, 2016 4:45 PM in response to Paean347

?Chill? What was that comment for or about? I merely was posting that the actual app, developed and provided by Google for their Blog has been pulled by Google themselves. If you've been using that app, it is no longer supported. Google's official comment seems to be "use Chrome" and as it's their Blog product, perhaps people should be seeking help from the actuall provider and developer of the blog itself.

I never said you were wrong for seeking help here, but merely tried to suggest other avenues of support for the actual product discussed in this thread since that actual product is developed by a massive and well know company itself, with its own support forums. So, chill yourself and don't seek insult or confrontation where none was implied nor intended.

Oct 15, 2016 1:56 PM in response to BirdGirlCA

I have found that the Blogger app doesn't even work now...According to this Google expert forum moderator “Usage

for our iOS app is low, so we’ve decided to remove it and better streamline our tools for Blogger.”

I’m one of the founders of Blogo. It's a free, simple, powerful blog editor for iOS and Mac used by thousands of bloggers worldwide.

And yes, it is compatible with Blogger (also WordPress and Medium) o/

Most of our users start using Blogo because it is simple. Write, publish and manage your blog with many powerful features, integrations, and offline mode. Blogo does the job with a smooth and delightful interface.

The free version allows you to post to one blog (in-app purchases and pricey to do more than one blog), It has photo-editing, comment management, support for Youtube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram etc, Evernote integration, markdown mode and more….

It will be a pleasure to help you!

<I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.>

Blogger on iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.