Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV will not accept my Apple ID and Password?

My Apple TV is on automatic update and when I try to sign in with my Apple ID & Password, it will not accept, and asks me to change my password. I did this many times, but whatever I do the Apple TV will not accept? I have reset the Apple TV twice, going through all the steps but still same result, does not accept. I tried to restore but unable to restore to factory condition??

I had been using Apple TV successfully until one day because of bad weather wi-Fi was weak, but I was not sure, so I unplugged the Apple TV. However, the next day wi-Fi was fine, so I plugged in the Apple TV and initiated start up, and ever since, I can not get it to work??

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 5:25 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2016 5:54 AM in response to squaiver

What version AppleTV, what software?

It sounds like you don't have an internet connection. That has to precede entering your Apple ID.

Be sure your network connection is set to Automatic for both IP address and DNS. A bad DNS address in particular could prevent internet access.

I'm not sure what you've been doing to your device. First, when you powered up after shutdown, it should come back exactly as it was. You would not have to "initiate startup". At worst, you might need to revisit the network settings and select the WiFi network again.

Second, you have tried to reset to factory settings so you need to re-enter all configuration, but that did not work?

Third, you tried to restore. Do you mean by following this Restore your Apple TV through iTunes - Apple Support procedure? How did restore not work?

Finally, you say ATV asks you to change your password. I don't think you can change the password from ATV. Just to be sure of what's going on, you should sign in with your Apple ID on another device: computer, iPhone. If that's normal, you should be able to use the same password on ATV.

Just to check, is your ATV set to the same region as your physical location?

Apr 28, 2016 7:20 PM in response to squaiver

I switched all my devices to Japan, restarted the wi-fi internet connection, and started home sharing on my cell phone, and was able to start home sharing on ATV, so finally mission accomplished!!

Different question?? It seems that I have a Japan ID & Password for Apple, and a whole different payment method set up which is a Japan Visa card while my USA is a USA Visa card. Problem is with location set on Japan, my automatic renewals in the USA for Apple in the USA will not be renewed as long as I'm set up in Japan for Apple??? My desktop computer iTunes account would not accept a Japan location setup with a USA Visa payment??

My Apple TV will not accept my Apple ID and Password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.