Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad will not connect to wifi after installing version 9.3.1

Hi eveyone,

Just looking for some help. Ever since my iPad installed version 9.3.1, I have been having issues connecting to wifi everywhere. Then a few days later its connecting to wifi everywhere except for my house, and then some days after that it connects to the wifi I have at home. Now about a week later its not connecting to the wifi at home again, but will elsewhere.

So frustrating. Any help would be great!

iPad, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 5:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2016 6:03 PM in response to bethanyfromport macquarie

You need to post this question in the ipad area.

Using iPad

The very top post is the same issue.. your problem is latest IOS not the wireless router.

9.7 ipad Pro kills our wifi

There are plenty more in the list.

iPad Pro 9.7" slow performance on wifi

I have no issues.. I simply do not upgrade the iOS version.. that way the wireless keeps working fine..

IF you do have an apple airport .. you posted in the TC area so perhaps you do.. let me strongly recommend a full factory reset..

Set up wireless with short names.. pure alphanumeric.. no spaces.

eg TCgen5 and TCgen5ghz (use separate names for the two bands).

Use a password with the same rules.. but 8-20 characters.

Fix the wireless channels I have found helpful.. test 11, 9, 6 on 2.4ghz and say 40 and 149 on 5ghz.

IF you still have issues.. as I suspect you will downgrade the iOS to one that still has working wireless.

Apr 27, 2016 6:05 PM in response to bethanyfromport macquarie

The iPad support forum might be the better place to ask.....since you have an iPad issue.....but we'll try to get you started.

iPad

What steps have you taken at this point to try to fix the issue?

Please review Apple's troubleshooting guide for WiFi connections with the iPhone and iPad:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

ipad will not connect to wifi after installing version 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.