Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some music won't play?

Hello! I recently found out that as a part of the college I wish to attend, I am required to get a MacBook. As a long time PC and Android user, I am overloaded with questions, many of which I doubt I will ever learn...but my first one stems from issues I had with my old iPod Nano and also my 5th Generation iPod Touch. Certain songs on those devices would simply be instantaneously skipped over. I never could figure out why, even after browsing multiple topics in which people were having the same problem. Strangely enough, the songs play in iTunes, as well as any other player (Sony Walkman, HTC One, etc.), and I cannot find a difference between the songs that are skipping and songs that are not skipping. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Ethan

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 8:55 PM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2016 12:48 AM in response to Community User

That happens sometimes.

Is there anything different about the songs that play on the device and those that do not? Like:

format, where they came from?

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Apr 28, 2016 8:24 PM in response to lllaass

Yes, I have already attempted that, and those steps did not work either. :/ it's a very strange and frustrating problem to have. 😟

Some music won't play?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.