Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while updating the firmware. -16

I was trying to update firmware, after reboot Airport Extreme. But Airport Utility shows An error occurred while updating the firmware. -16

I had restore factory settings by use Airport Utility and physical button, but it did not solve the problem.

null-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Airport Extreme

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:18 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2016 12:12 AM in response to sam327

I had restore factory settings by use Airport Utility and physical button, but it did not solve the problem.

I am unsure which problem ..

Is your Airport now non-functional?? ie factory reset did not work.

OR

Did it fail to upgrade after repeated attempts??

Is the airport plugged into the network as normal? Do you have full internet access through the airport?

Which model is the airport?

Actual model number could be a help. A1xxx from the base except for the newest one.. just say tall one.

What is the current firmware?

If it is a very old model they can sometimes give trouble if it has never been updated.

Apr 28, 2016 12:22 PM in response to LaPastenague

Thanks for your response.

The Airport Extreme is functional now. I can have full internet access. Factory reset is just the way I troubleshoot problems.

It never sucessfully upgrade before and unsuccess upgrade did not cause any problem. The Airport Utility shows " An error occurred while updating the firmware. -16 "User uploaded file

Model number is: A1521

version: 7.7.3

Thanks a lot!

An error occurred while updating the firmware. -16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.