Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync my apps

When I connect my iPad Pro to iTunes to back up I cant see my Apps screen shots to rearrange them, only the list of Apps on the left hand side?

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 5:46 PM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2016 9:45 PM in response to allensalvos

iOS 9 introduced "App Thinning." This means that apps downloaded directly to your device contain only code and graphics needed on that particular device, requiring substantially less storage space. This is a good thing, but it means the app on your device is not "universal" which makes it unsuitable to be transferred to iTunes and potentially attempt to install it from there to other devices.

If you insist, you can still download the larger, universal apps to iTunes directly from the App Store > Purchases tab.

Sync my apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.