Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use iCloud with desktop, laptop, phone

I use iCloud with Apple desktop, Mackbook Air, iPhone and iPad Mini. I can not get notes to sync on laptop. On all other devices if I add a note on one, it shows up on others. Not so on Macbook Air (10.10.5)??

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 6:15 PM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2016 6:53 AM in response to peazer

What about going the other way? If you create a note on the Air does it sync to the iPhone and iPad?

What versions of iOS are you using on the iPhone and iPad? There were changes in how Notes syncs starting with iOS 9 and Mac OS X 10.11 (they now use iCloud, previously they synced via IMAP), so it's important you be using compatible OS releases on both platforms for Note syncing to work across iOS and OS X.

Apr 30, 2016 11:39 AM in response to peazer

Yes, that's it I think - all your Macs need to be running OS X 10.11.x if your iOS devices are running iOS 9.x and you want to sync notes between them:

Before you upgrade your notes - Apple Support

When I upgraded to iOS 9 I was given the option to upgrade Notes (which made syncing unavailable to pre-10.11 Macs) or not (which maintained the old IMAP sync and so enabled pre 10.11 OS X Macs to still sync with iOS 9 devices). Apple did this because OS X 10.11 with the new iCloud compatible Notes wasn't released until a month or so after iOS 9.0. Maybe if you upgraded to iOS 9 more recently than last Sep they no longer give users the option to not upgrade Notes?

I use iCloud with desktop, laptop, phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.