Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My episode is not playing in the store

My episode is not playing in the store but it is in as a subscriber. The play/load circle just keeps flashing.

My podcast is Connections with Craig Sherman.

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 4:56 AM

Your feed is at http://feeds.feedburner.com/ConnectionswithCraigSherman

There are three items in your feed: only the third has a playable media file. This appears when subscribing but does not play in the Store within a reasonable time.

The URL of your file is a Google Feedproxy one and though it works OK in a browser it redirects to a Google Drive URL. Google Drive is not a suitable place to host your media files - it has consistently caused problems and I would advise you to find another host.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 4:56 AM in response to cesherman

Your feed is at http://feeds.feedburner.com/ConnectionswithCraigSherman

There are three items in your feed: only the third has a playable media file. This appears when subscribing but does not play in the Store within a reasonable time.

The URL of your file is a Google Feedproxy one and though it works OK in a browser it redirects to a Google Drive URL. Google Drive is not a suitable place to host your media files - it has consistently caused problems and I would advise you to find another host.

Apr 28, 2016 5:12 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Sorry, about two different threads. I just figured since they were different questions.

My podcast title was originally titled Podcast- Voices from the Closet (the name on my blog). I then changed it to Connections with Craig Sherman but it seemed to have changed back. Once I created a new post pointing the media file to my blog is has now changed back to Connections with Craig Sherman. My title seems to be changing. Am I inadvertently changing the title? I am using Powerpress. (I know in the long run I don't want to host on my blog, any suggestions are appreciated) Thanks again for all your help!

Apr 28, 2016 4:04 PM in response to cesherman

Your podcast is definitely called 'Connections with Craig Sherman':

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/connections-craig-sherman/id1107351403?mt=2

I can't really offer much in the way of recommendations - my files are hosted on Godaddy and it's been fine. Any normal webspace will do, provided it handles 'byte range requests' (the method used by iPhones' - you should check with the supplier before committing. Free services are dubious as they offer limited bandwidth and storage, and like to add adverts to any web pages. You tend to get what you pay for.

Apr 28, 2016 4:08 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger! My WordPress site is already on GoDaddy and I am paying for hosting. Are you suggesting that I just put the files on the same site? My test file is up there now and it is all working fine. I have read its not advisable to host the files on the server you are hosting your site. Is it acceptable until I hit any issues and then move them to a new GoDaddy or other server?

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2016 11:55 PM in response to cesherman

cesherman wrote:

I have read its not advisable to host the files on the server you are hosting your site.

That's nonsense. I have websites and around 200 audio files on GoDaddy without problems.I should just move the files there and amend the feed accordingly. The URLs in the feed must be absolute, not relative - i.e. they must include the http:// and the domain name. Don't change the 'guid' tags, then the change won't affect subscribers.

My episode is not playing in the store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.