Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer delete podcasts

Why can't I delete old podcasts?

This evening I clicked Command L to go to a currently playing podcast. To my surprise I see that all episodes of each subscription are listed. Furthermore I cannot delete most of them, some I can but the right click delete doesn't work and the delete under the 3 little dots only sometimes works though sometimes I have to do the procedure twice. How many deletes does one need to do a dang delete?

I usually view my podcasts in Episode List view. Previously I was able to shift select a mass of unwanted episodes, and delete them with a simple right click to bring up the menu.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 8:03 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 3:23 PM in response to Sweejak

Well, this problem has solved itself. I presume that it involved some sort of problem on Apple's end because all of a sudden my Episode List looks normal and I can delete unwanted, unheard, or old podcasts, plus I can see my star ratings which I can't see in the Podcasts list.

By the way, what does Apple have against star ratings? They are also hidden in their Photos app? Wouldn't want to be discriminatory by actually rating things or what?

I can no longer delete podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.