Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 3.5 crashes trying to edit the watermark setting

Hi everyone,

We're using Compressor 3.5.3 here in the office and on one of our machines, we're having issues with Compressor crashing when we try to pick an image to use as a watermark. We've tried with a variety of different images at different locations on the computer but no luck. None of our other machines are having this issue.

I've run Digital Rebellion's "Compressor Repair" with no luck either. Some other posts on here suggest reset background process but that also didn't fix the problem. Frankly, I'm at a loss.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 10:25 AM in response to aaronclarkfilm

I recall running into this in a version of Compressor 4.

When you ran Compressor Repair, did you check the box that trashes preferences? Are the image formats you're using on the other Macs the same format as on the Mac where it's crashing?

If none of this is relevant or helps, I'd suggest repairing permissions. If that doesn't fix it, see what happens if you run Compressor in a new user account.

Russ

edit: version 4

Compressor 3.5 crashes trying to edit the watermark setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.