Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broadcast safe: do we need 2 of them ?

I wrote last week saying that my master project (which looks fine when we look at it on a computer) produces distorted sound when broadcasted on television. I was told that might be caused by the fact that I don't apply 2 broadcast safe filters--one that reduces luminance, the other that reduces saturation. Is that true ? Do we have to apply 2 broadcast safe filter ?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 11:01 AM in response to marcsoucie

Your thread in the fcp.co forum has been addressed by someone who is offering to run a quality control check on your video for you. Far more likely that whoever is inserting your subtitles is messing up your file. Broadcast safe filters do not prevent audio distortion like they did in ye olde analog transmission days. Over-saturated colors or video titles way over 100 IRE could cause 60 Hz bleed or crosstalk into the audio section of a TV set but those days are long gone.

Broadcast safe: do we need 2 of them ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.