Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find the embedded Sim Card number

How can I find the embedded Sim Card number no the IMEI number

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:17 PM

12 replies

Apr 28, 2016 8:46 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

My understanding is that Apple SIM is built into the iPad Pro 9.7 logic board.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/03/22/apple-makes-the-move-to-embedded-sim-c ard-with-97-ipad-pro

The ritual of swapping SIM cards may soon be a relic of the past, as the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro ships with an important innovation: an Apple SIM embedded directly into the logic board.

I'm not sure how to find the number.

Apr 28, 2016 10:43 AM in response to curiousJeff

I take it we are all talking about the cellular carrier's PHONE NUMBER the SIM responds to, irrespective of whether embedded or not. It is a mapping the carrier does, linking the IMEI to the value.

In the iPhones, the number is explicitly shown in the appropriate context of something used for calling: in Settings / Phone or at the top of All Contacts list. The iPad is another matter since it cannot make or receive cellular voice calls. On iOS' default apps and settings for an iPad, I have found no way to obtain that info. However, in the SIM apps that my carrier includes, there is an Info item that returns that tidbit of data. Note that SIM apps are really running on the carrier's infrastructure, not the device.

Otherwise, I guess you will have to contact the carrier.

Apr 28, 2016 1:07 PM in response to curiousJeff

OK, final answer: You can remove the sim card. There is a sim embedded on the mother board. The carrier needs to tx your old number to the embedded Sim. some carriers allow you to do it through your account. With my plan and ATT had to call them. They transferred my number to the embedded sim, i was able to remove the ATT sim card and now have an empty (free) tray which can be used with other carrier Sim Cards, such as when traveling abroad. You can have both the embedded and the removable Sim in the iPad at the same time, and select which one you want via settings. ATT needed the IMEI number and another very long number (numbers and letters) both found in settings, general, about. Once the number was transferred to the embedded sim card it's number shows under ICCID.

Apr 28, 2016 1:47 PM in response to curiousJeff

curiousJeff wrote:

With my plan and ATT had to call them. They transferred my number to the embedded sim, i was able to remove the ATT sim card

I see what you're doing now. Did AT&T ask for the embedded SIM card number?

The question now is how do you switch from one provider to another? For example, if you're overseas and you want to use local mobile data provider in that country, how can you turn off AT&T service to make sure there won't be any surprise roaming charges from AT&T?

edit

I think I found the answer from techcrunch.com

both carriers are selectable under cellular interface.

How can I find the embedded Sim Card number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.